Kitchen Ecology

This blog is an account of my efforts to implement Kitchen Ecology; strictly speaking "Local Ecology for the Cold-Climate Apartment Dweller", by which is meant "Stuff that anyone can do, if I can do it"! Please visit SUFE

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Kitchen Ecology and the Carry-In-Carry-Out philosophy

This series of notes describes methods for reducing disposal of matter from a single-family dwelling. The model described is a single-occupant apartment, but the model is extensible to a large family unit, and to multiple units.

I have based this system on my visit to Letchworth State Park and Mount Morris Dam in New York State. I am impressed with their "Carry In, Carry Out" philosophy, and decided to bring that philosophy into my home in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

If you'’ve read my notes on SUFE (Second Use For Everything) you'’ll recognize Kitchen Ecology as taking SUFE to the limit for a small group of items – food, paper and water. Every particle that falls within one of those groups is used again, and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home